Monday 1 February 2016

Start of Editing

The main program I have learned to use during the construction of this product is Adobe Audition CC 2014.


Prior to constructing my bulletin, I had no previous experience in editing at all, let alone audio editing to the high quality we required for our bulletin. Therefore, I learned how to use the program through trial and error myself, but also through Youtube videos as previously mentioned. Firstly, I learned how to use the clipping tool to remove unwanted pieces of audio, for example, the beginning and end of clips where there was silence before myself or Max began speaking. Also, this skill was vital when condensing the interviews that we recorded for our vox pops and our two-way. I learned how to zoom in and clip the audio to such detail and fluidity clipping using the waveform representation of audio on the screen that it seemed as though the audio had never been taken out in the first place.  Also, I learned how to make the studio recorded audio from the presenters sound more professional as previously explained in my editing posts on my blog, such as adding certain effects (primarily the ‘radio announcer voice effect’) to make this audio seem more professional. Furthermore, I learned how to make the audio sound much clearer, through learning to use the parametric equalizer function on most clips of audio, as it gives you total control over frequency, Q, and gain settings through the graph function within it.  


The clipping tool in one of my clips



The Parametric Equalizer that which I changed to this same setting for
each audio clip for tone consistency.

The graph shows frequency along the horizontal ruler (x‑axis) and amplitude along the (y‑axis) enabling myself to set the audio tone of the presenters to the same frequency and amplitude for each recorded audio piece, even though they were recorded at different times, so the voices would’ve sounded slightly different in tone without myself learning to implement this function via Youtube tutorials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment