Monday 30 November 2015

My Visit to IOW Radio

My media studies class and I visited our local radio station Isle of Wight Radio. We visited and met the News Editor who showed us round the various studios and then we discussed what is considered 'News' in their station. We looked at the software they use to edit their news scripts and it shocked me to see that they pay a certain fee in order to receive stories from Sky's national news centre. Therefore they have a mixture of national and local news stories in their broadcasts. Here is a photo of us in Studio 3 where we listened to the News being read live in the studio next door:



This day was very beneficial as it highlighted to me what is considered news in a local radio station environment and also, technically how news bulletins are constructed, read, edited and finally how the general station works. The broadcasting technology was incredibly interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment